Friday, April 11, 2008

what a night!

Well my dad came over to help Mick with the backyard and we were all going to have pizza together. When my dad came in he started talking about his terrible day. The insurance company isn't paying for their roof, his truck started dying at the red light and the part to fix it wasn't coming in...it sounded like a terrible day. My dad has never had good luck in the first place. The last thing I told him before he and Mick headed outside to work on stairs and cutting down a dead tree was that he might should avoid heavy machinery when he is having such a bad day. He didn't listen. He went to cutting down the tree while he sent Mick to "fetch" something. Mick does a lot of "fetching" when working with my dad. They are both the boss so it is so humerous to watch them work together. Anyways, Micah and I went to sit outside on a blanket while dad worked on the tree. He got one big limb down and another came crashing down on his head! Next all I saw was blood. Yikes! Micah and I rushed inside to get ice and towels and Mick performed first aid. Dad refused to sit down and said he didn't think he needed stitches. Mick disagreed. They discussed it for a while and then my mom got here and she insisted they head to the emergency room. That place is such a joy! We kept Hayden and he was so worried about his budda(that is what we call my dad). He kept saying "you'll be alright budda, you're alright." He was such a good boy and he helped Mick finish the steps while I got Micah to sleep. Then Hayden got a bath and we waited on Jenny and Budda to call...they went to the emergency room at about 6 and got back about 11. If they had wanted some time alone they should have just said so! Dad seems to be fine now and hopefully he can get over here today and finish the job on the tree! Just teasing. He actually did keep cutting after he got hurt...he is so silly.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Poor Vic!! You're such a slave driver! Just kidding!! I really hope you feel better today. Who knows when you'll get another opportunity for a date night?

The Kimmels said...

I hope you feel better soon!
You guys have had such a hard time lately! I hope everything is brighter this weekend!