Sunday, April 13, 2008

date night!

Nana helping Micah walk....he really didn't want the help. She is a great babysitter and we are so thankful for her!
Making the turn around the corner. Micah is walking like crazy..and falling like crazy too! Everyday it is a new bruise or bump on his noggin'.
Date night...we just had to take a picture since it is so rare!

Mick and I did manage to get in a date night over the break. Unfortunately I couldn't smell, taste or breathe. But I was determined that we would take advantage of our night away. (the whole fever in the morning told me I might have overdone it) But we had a good time just being together. I did get my hair cut on Friday and I finally washed it and fixed it myself today. AND it actually looked similar to the way the girl that cut my hair made it look. I am so excited. I got alot cut off but it is hard to tell from the picture. My hair had gotten very furry on the ends and Micah had pulled it for the last time. I can still get it in a ponytail so that is all that matters. This week hasn't been what I had hoped for but I am trying to be positive...here are things that I am thankful for this week:

This is more of an exercise for me so you don't have to keep reading:)

1-Mick was home.

2-Mick got to experience a couple of days of what I do everyday and he even mentioned that it seemed pretty hard.

3-We are all getting better.

4-Paxton will be born Friday and better to be sick now than then.

5-Micah is somewhat sleeping through the night consistently.
6-We got to spend some good time with Hayden and he was so sweet!
Ok, so things aren't really as bad as satan makes them in my head...

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad that everyone is getting better!!! Like you said, Paxton is coming Friday and I desperately will need your help! :-) Keep taking those antibiotics!!!

Alison said...

Glad you are feeling better. We can't wait to see Mr. Micah walking away. By the way, let me know if you need help with Micah Friday while you are being a good friend to Amy. I plan to be home cleaning and tending to Miss Charlotte. :) Good luck Amy! We will be praying.
English Family

The Kimmels said...

So glad you guys were able to go on a date! I bet its hard to achieve that these days. I hope you start feeling better!! & see you FRIDAY!!!

stephanie said...

I am glad we got to go on a date as well. You are a terrific mother, friend and wife and I am lucky to have you. I did get a chance this week to experience motherhood for a day or two and it is a tough job and I appreciate it more now than ever. I am thankful to have married such a great mother. I am also thankful for the blog, that way I get to see and hear what I miss. ILOVEU.

By the way, this is Mick posting on Stephanie's account name. If you did not know this already, seek help!

sara jackson said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Glad you enjoyed date night. It gets harder and harder to take the time for the two of you. Good for you!!