Friday, April 4, 2008

away we go

Yesterday did not get any better...but today is a new day and so far so good. Micah Bird is in alot better mood and I think I got some sleep...it is hard to remember which night is which.
We are taking the day off to pack and get ready for the lake. We are going there tonight after the ball game if everything goes according to plan(famous last words) Hayden is going with us, so it should be especially fun to travel with two very active boys. Next week is Mick's spring break and we are doing the cheap vacation by going to the lake house for a few days. How many days will be determined by how long Micah will sleep in the rickety old bed at the cabin. We shall see...I obviously wont be blogging since we don't even get 3 tv stations and for one of those Mick has to stand outside and hold the very large antenna. You think I'm kidding...I am not. It's always snowing on whatever we watch. It will be fun to get away and I will update you when we get back. My prayer is to get a slight break from my sweet child. Maybe a bathroom break on my own or a meal without green beans on my forehead. But I am learning that my plans are exactly that these days...plans...it doesn't mean they will actually happen. Maybe this is God's way of teaching me a lesson I could be taught no other way. As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another. I guess Micah is sharpening me!
Much love and I will miss reading about everyones life but I might be a bit more productive!

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

Hey! Hope you had a great few days away! Will you email me at suzie.kimmel@gmai.com ...when you get a chance. I need to email you & I don't have your email address!?! I thought I did from around the time Amy got married...but I can't find it.