Tuesday, April 15, 2008

fun facts about Micahbird



I keep meaning to do this for my own documentation...so here is a list of some funny and not so funny things Micah is doing with his 11 month old self:


1.Micah gave up his plugs(pacifiers) this week. I mean he wont even put it to his lips. Now, I am not complaining it is just so very strange to me. I guess one attacked him in the night or something... It shows how strong willed he is...if he wants something he wants it, if not, get it the heck away from him.

2. Micah loves his laugh and learn puppy. This is one of the best toys we own. We thought it was the cheesiest toy but it has entertained him since 3months. On the way to the lake I just threw it in the back seat to have at the lake. Micah found it and we listened to that thing talk for an hour. Now he screams to have it in the car everytime. I have to crank the radio up to hear it over "Do my ears hang low". I should be ashamed for indulging him but oh the work I get done while he squeezes that dog so I am not.
3. Micah loves to fall on anything in the floor and love on it. It is so cute. His big horsey is his favorite and any time we throw it in the middle of the floor he crashes on top of it.
4. Micah is still eating baby food. He sometimes wants to be a big boy and eat table food but other times he wants to be lazy and let it slide right down. Another thing I should be ashamed of but you can bring those jars anywhere so I like to still feed him that slime.
5. Micah still will not drink out of a sippy cup. We have purchased every brand they make, even the weird ones at Babies rus. He will teethe on it for hours but drink anything substantial he will not. I AM ashamed of this but don't know what to do to get him to use it.
6.Micah cries when anyone he likes leaves. He gets over it quickly but it is neat to see that he loves the people he hangs with...
7. Anytime we pull up to Nana and Pops Micah starts saying, da da da da...he isn't saying Daddy he is saying dog! He loves their dog, Berra, who runs and hides whenever Micah arrives.
8. Micah already thinks burping and tooting is funny. Are men born with this instinct? He laughs anytime he does either..which I then say, that's not funny and laugh out loud.
I think that is enough for now...you can tell I love my child way too much (nana says you can't love them too much). But if you read all that you are a real friend!

5 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

So fun Steph! Everybody looks so great. Can you do a post one time about the meaning behind Micah's full name? (And thus your blog title as well...) I don't think I know it well. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome and special little boy! Charlie refused people food until about 14 months and we went on a cruise and there was no way I could pack that much babyfood - so it was sink or swim and he's done great since then. Also - Charlie refused sippy cups (for drinking anyways) and we bought a ton of them trying to find one he would take - He did great with the NUK cup (at some Wal Marts) and I was so thankful for it:) Oh and I second Tracy's comment! Also - Charlie's ENT said as long as he wasn't going under - we were good to not protect his ears, but I think he will use WAX when we actually go swimming!

Amy said...

Thanks for coming to visit us today at school! He is precious!!!
About the horse-I told you he would like horses!! My child may not, but Aunt Amy will just have to keep a horse for Micah. Yeah!! What do you think about that, Brad????

beth ewing said...

hey girl, can you shoot me an email sometime here soon (berthae17@yahoo.com). we have to pick up jon's car in atlanta and were wondering if you guys might want to do lunch.

The Kimmels said...

LOVE this post! I hope you are printing all of these things you write about Micah b/c one day blogspot will be obsolete (i know, i know its hard to believe) and you will want to have all this! T MINUS 2 DAYS!!