Tuesday, April 22, 2008

friendship



When we went to visit Amy today there were alot of emotions welling up in me. I had a very hard time after Micah's birth and dealt alot with post partum depression. As I am coming so close to this whole process again I am even a little anxious for Amy and the thought of doing all of this again myself sometime. At lunch we both cried as we talked about the overwhelmingness of it all. With that being said it is so good to have friends like this to help carry you through. On "The View" today ( I love the view) they talked about the key to happiness being relationship and friendships. I mean I think Jesus is the answer but through Him we are given amazing relationships with His children. Today as I watched my best friend care for Micah even while she was dealing with just having her own baby I realized how special and how needed human relationships are...not that I didn't already know it but it reminded me. These are pictures of us sharing our boys with each other getting to appreciate all the different stages and changes that they are each going through. I know that Micah appreciated that his Aunt Amy stopped to read him a story even though Paxton has entered the picture now...
I will try to get back to silly stories instead of my philosophical reminders but if you are bored then just stop reading:)

5 comments:

sara jackson said...

So sweet, you are both so lucky to have such a long friendship. It will be neat for your boys too. It is so nice for Amy to have someone to encourage her through this overwhelming time.

The Kimmels said...

Ilove all your recent posts!!! I didn't realize I had so much to read when I logged on tonight! We are ALL so lucky to have each other. Micah is wonderful and I am sure he & Paxton will be the best of friends (whether they like it or not...haha). Will you be over to see Paxton tomorrow night? I will be there after work! Can't wait. Talk to you soon!

Amy said...

What a sweet post! It made me cry again. Thank you so much for coming to visit today, and the pictures of our boys are precious. They are the first of MANY!!!! Yeah!! Brad and I couldn't believe how big Micah is compared to Paxton! Thank you for posting for all my friends/family to read. :-)

Anonymous said...

Two perfect little boys and 2 beautiful mamas! So happy for your friendship as your families grow! What blessings friends are:) oh and Amy - the nursery is precious!!!

Summer said...

How great it is to have best friends close by. I know Amy appreciates you and loves your family so much even with little Paxton in the picture!