Wednesday, April 2, 2008

1 Thess. 5:17

We are on our way to the ball field but I just had to stop and post the emotions I have right now. As I got Micah up from his nap, he looked at me with those sleepy just awake eyes and I begin to cry. He and I prayed "Thank you Jesus"(we pray thank you Jesus prayers throughout the day together for little things that go right) prayers for giving him to us and also for the overwhelming joy that Micah brings to our lives. It is amazing to feel this way because two years ago on this very day I probably sat crying on our bed because I didn't understand why we couldn't get pregnant. I had no idea what God had in store for me then and it makes it all the sweeter now. I know that in my dispair if someone had of said these things to me I would have thought thanks but you have your baby...so I don't pretend to be someone I am not... Both then and now I am driven to prayer because I don't know any other place to be when you feel either of these emotions. I say this because I know there are friends struggling with infertility or discontentment. Usually I am as well, so if I can get to this place...at least for an hour or so there is hope for us all. I feel this peace when I am before the Lord and choose to honor Him. I don't feel this peace, or it gets crowded out when I let satan tell me things that aren't true. This may not make any sense to anyone but I was compelled to share at this very moment. Thank you<>< Jesus!

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

What a great post, Steph! Very touching and I can't even imagine all of the different feelings you must have from that experience and having Micah! Im sure there will come a day when I can relate to some of those emotions. Micah is such a sweet baby and you & Mick are definitely blessed!
Check out the post Im about to put up of Micah & Jake...so cute!!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you today! Thanks for sharing. Children are blessings from the Lord and His timing and plan are always perfect!!!

Summer said...

I really enjoyed this post!