Thursday, May 1, 2008

pure sweetness!

Although these past few weeks have been hard there are moments in the day that I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. This morning we had one of those moments. Micah has not been sleeping well at night ( I think he misses his daddy). So when he gets up in the morning he isn't so rested...or in other words he is cranky and ornery. But he has taken to putting himself down for his nap. It is so cute. I really enjoy watching Regis and Kelly if I can so he plays while I do that. Micah usually goes down for his morning nap right after that. But two days this week he has crawled up in the chair with me and fallen asleep on me. The first day he fell asleep on my shoulder but today he wanted to sit beside me and watch tv. (He never watches tv so I figured it would be ok) I didn't think he would give up so easily but all of the sudden I could feel drool running down my arm. Out he went without a fuss or fight. I wanted to sit and hold him the whole nap...but I am not that crazy I know what would happen tonight if I did that...he would want momma again. Micah is getting so big and when I carried him to his crib I had to be careful not to bonk his noggin or his feet because he has gotten so tall. As I kissed his sweet face before putting him down I thought about how crazy it is that he is mine and I am his...what an amazing gift. Thank you, Jesus!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Made me cry, Stephanie. I look at Charlotte all the time and can't believe what a precious gift she is. Hugs and kisses from the English family. :)

Stacy said...

I just shed a tear...=)

I love you.

Amy said...

This made me tear up too! How sweet!!