Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 3

Just a few more days of my favorites, not that I don't tend to overshare on my Micah and his doings and beings. My favorite thing for today is Micah's noggin bonking. The boy hits his head on everything. At first when this started happening I would run to him and inspect every part of his head as he stared at me with the "what the heck is wrong with you?" look. Little did I know that if I examined with that thoroughness everytime he bonked his head I would never do anything else. Last night we took Micah to get his one year old pictures made...this is a slight digression...but it relates. Mick and I are going to be reported for abusing our child. First Micah wouldn't take his afternoon nap yesterday... I think that he is giving it up for real this time(very sad!). So we all got dressed and headed to the mall. Since we didn't know when he was going to wake up from his nap I couldn't make an appt. til we were on the way. I didn't calculate the option of no nap. That should have meant no pictures. But we took the 730 appt. and hoped we could get squeezed in earlier. Who knew so many people get pictures made right before mother's day. Everyone except for us. So they are running behind and we get in there about 750. Micah is a terror but who could blame him it was well past smiley time for him. We held him down and took pictures. Then waited to see the terrible proofs. Much to our surprise the girl got really good pictures. I didn't see Micah smile but like three times in between screams but she got tons of good ones. Great, more money spent. All this to say he got so tired that he kept running around the studio and falling down and landing on his head. By the time he was to get his picture made there were 4 or 5 red spots on his forehead. They went down during the picture taking but almost constantly Micah has a bruise on his head. He rarely cries when he falls on it, he is so tough. Now he even just lays his head down on the floor like it is so heavy he just can't bare to get it back up. Anyways, this is just a random thing...but what do I write that isn't?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see these pictures!!