Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day '08

Our family
Micah's first trampoline jump!
The Harper's x 2 and The Eidson's
(the kid's really enjoyed this photo shoot)

Micah and Mick
Flowers from Micah


While this was technically my 2nd mother's day it felt like my first. My first mother's day was inside the hospital room a day or two after Micah was born. Granted he was a little bit grumpy yesterday but nothing compares with the screaming he was doing last mother's day. If only I had known I was starving him! We had a great weekend and Mick did a great job for mother's day. I have a new appreciation for mother's day now that I am a momma myself. I never realized how much I needed to honor my mother and mother-in-law til I saw and experienced all the work they had to do for us first hand.
We went to church then had lunch with Mick's fam...came home and napped then went to dinner then to my fam's. It was a busy day but a good one.
Saturday night was crazy because we had tornados in Dville and we had to get up in the night and go downstairs. Micah did good to stay asleep through all the sirens but sleeping with him is not exactly relaxing and especially when you are scared the windows are going to blow out and you don't have a basement. Yikes! Thankfully our side of town was fine but the other side didn't get the break.

Sidenote: Yesterday it was fun to wake up next to Micah bird on his birthday and mother's day. It was sweet to have them the same day even though I teased that I didn't want to share. When Micah woke up in the morning he snuggled with me for like 30 minutes. He never does this but it was almost like he knew that it was a special day! Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a fabulous momma!!