Friday, May 16, 2008

funny stories...

Tuesday- I left Micah with Mick while I went to the chicken house to work that night. My mom was supposed to come over and watch him while my dad and Mick planted plants around the infamous steps. But mom got held up with Hayden and I called to check on them and dad and Mick were planting and babysitting. I just prayed Micah wouldn't fall into one of the holes that they were digging. Then I arrived home about 8 to see one of the most redneck thing that has probably taken place in our neighborhood. I know that the homeowners will send a letter... they send a letter when you have three weeds...Ok so I arrived home and saw my dad holding a chainsaw up to the tree that had already hurt him once while Mick was tying a rope from the tree to the back of my dad's truck. Hayden, Micah and my mom were all standing at the back door watching and waiting for our next emergency room visit. The funniest part is that they did this not once but twice. Unbelievable it worked and our dead tree is now no more. AND my dad is still in one piece. He did gash his leg this time but nothing like the head trauma from last month. Mick and my dad make quite a team. I have pictures to post later...

Thursday - Thursday is when I realized that my day's of easily getting anywhere are officially over. I mean they had been teetering on that end for a while now but Thursday made it official. I don't have time or space for all of the details but here are few things that made this realization so clear:
~Micah used to just play in the floor with a few toys while I showered. Goodness forbid that I shave my legs but I thought I would try. Well that took too long or quite long enough so that Micah could get in the cabinet and find the rubbing alcohol. I thought the cap was on good enough and when I went ot get it to check Micah was holding the cap in one hand and the bottle in the other, he was sitting in a pool of the stinkinest stuff. I was high the rest of the day. I scooped him up and stripped him down and washed him off and the sink and he proceeded to pitch a fit while I changed him. I remembered I couldn't leave alcohol in the floor so I shut him in our room so I could clean it up. He screamed and layed down next to the door so he could scream at the crack at the bottom of the door. What a way to start the day!
~ Then we went to get in the car and I sat Micah down by the car to clean out his seat, we were in the garage and it was pouring ran...I look up and Micah is standing int he middle of the driveway in the pooring rain. Just looking up and laughing! It was cute except the street is only a few more yards away and that scared me.
~ Next we went to the chicken house and he proceeded to scream, not cry but literally yell from the moment we walked in the door. It always looks professional when you are holding a baby and doing your job, him screaming only makes it better, right? I finally took him downstairs where he found some big screw thing that was covered in the kind of grease that is like jello but sticks to you and grabbed it and went to put it in his mouth. The best thing about the day was that it didn't make it to his mouth! Yeah, that was the bright side.

The boy is busy to say the least. The funny thing is I wouldn't trade it for the world. After every frustration and mess I still find myself thanking the Lord for the little blessing that Micah is, messes and all. Our life is sure to never be boring!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow!! Those are funny little stories!! Thanks for sharing! We're looking forward to Micah's party tomorrow!!!

The Kimmels said...

ha! I don't know if "funny" is the word I would use. I think "scary" is more like it. You sure know how to scare the daylights out of me! -- from having a kid right now. haha!
So sorry we can't make Micah's party today. We are thinking about him though & I am looking forward to reading all about it! love you guys!