Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Friends make everything More Fun!

This time at the lake we got to visit with the Dobb's and Herendeen's too. While we roughed it in the cabin, they lived in luxury at this incredible condo on the lake. Thanks to them we got to see how the other side lives. We went over and mooched off their pool and food a few times and had lots of fun with them. They also have a boat, that cranks, so everyone went riding and tubing except for Amy and I and our little boys. It was a funny trip because Amy and I have gone on vacation together since we were very little. Our mom's have taken us to Hilton Head, to tennis tournaments and our countless trips to Destin. Neither of us were ever allowed to invite other friends so all we ever had was each other. As we have gotten older when we go to the beach...even after husbands it has been pretty much the same. We lay out together, get fried,...talk and go eat lunch together...etc. I am sure you all have similar friends and trips like this they are always so much fun. What is funny is this trip we both got left at the cabin to feed the babies and then head to the pool, it took us two hours to get us and the boys fed. Our lives are so different now with the addition of Micah and Paxton. When we arrived to the pool, the husbands wanted to know what took so long?? Amy and I bit our tongues in angst and rattled off the list of things that you have to do to get two babies ready for anything. It just strikes me as almost surreal that this is now the life we lead. It is a blessing that God has blessed me with a friend that I can share each season of our lives and we somehow seem to grow closer as each new thing is added. It is still fun and neither of us would trade it for the world but it sure is different than those turning and burning days! This post turned into a little bit of a tribute to Aim and I's friendship so since she is still blogless, the one thing she hasn't followed suit with me in..I will end by saying thanks Amos and I love you so much! I couldn't have picked a better friend for a lifetime!

Here are some fun pics of us with Amy's fam... Sunset Pointe...where the rich people stay:)
We had to get a semi beach picture...
Hayden decided Amy's brother Adam was his new bff. Adam is one of the best boys I know and Amy and I can only pray ours turn out as good!

We never get Brad in pictures so here he is...Amy is going to love this pic.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet, sweet post!!!!?!?!?! I definitely teared up! We had such a great time with yall, too! It has always been fun vacationing with friends and families! I was telling one of my friends about our 2 hour experience getting the boys together, and it made me laugh! It's so different now, but absolutely wonderful! Thanks for being there for me, Brad, and Paxton!! We're looking at 3 generations of best friends developing here!
I love you!

The Kimmels said...

awww. that is sooo freakin' sweet! what a great post. She is wonderful, isn't she? ha! ...but im not kidding. :)
You're pretty awesome too!..if I do say so myself. Its so hard to find such awesome friends these days. We are so lucky to have each other!!

Summer said...

How sweet! You are very lucky!!! (And so is Amy :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the pictures! Amy looks great for just having a baby!! Love y'all!