Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Micah Reed!

Today was the big day! Mother's Day and Micah's first birthday all rolled into one. We had a great day with family and I want to update on all of that but it is late and I will have to do it tomorrow. I wanted to share my most favorite thing about Micah. It is that he is mine! Well, he's half Mick's but we are pretty much one person (biblically speaking)...so I love that Micah is our big boy. He is who God specifically chose for us to raise and train up in righteousness. No other boy would have fit into our lives in just the way Micah has...no child born on May 10th or 12th it had to be the 11th. He had to have those big blue eyes and look like both Mick and I at the same time. It is amazing how God knits us together in such a special way. It is funny how when you hold a baby that isn't yours you aren't sure what to do when he cries, or when you change their diaper you wonder if you are doing it right...but when it is your own you just know. Micah is ours and no one elses and today I am reminded how blessed we are to have him. The sermon today was on Hannah and her struggle with barrenness...and I continue to hurt for those still pleading with God for a child. I saw two of those women who feel like Hannah today and I did not want to go on and on about Micah without remembering to lift up those who are hurting too, because I have been were they are and Micah is proof God has a plan for us all! So pray for someone you know right now...if we all pray God is sure to answer our prayers!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Micah! I hope you had a good day. I have a present for you. My mommy will have to bring me by so I can leave it for you. :)

Love,
Charlotte

Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day and Micah's first bday! (A day late!) Glad you had such a wonderful day!! See you soon!

beth ewing said...

that was very well put. i found myself feeling a bit guilty yesterday b/c i have this amazing son and so many are struggling to have a baby.

happy birthday micah! can't wait to meet you.

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Micah!! Sorry I will miss your party.

Summer said...

OK, so my last comment was before I read your post. Thank you! It was kind of hard for me, I cried in Hallmark picking up Mother's Day cards...but I know one day I will get to have a precious little one.