Thursday, December 11, 2008

We've been hard at work...

Micah multi-tasking...he was watching Big Bird and stirring (more on tv another day)

He loved the beaters


He thought they were interesting drumsticks.The finished product! I covered it so it would be a little bit of a surprise for Mick to see when he got home!



all day long. Tomorrow is Mick's birthday but since he has to work most of it Micah and I thought it would be a good idea to start celebrating as soon as he got home. Plus, I have waited so long to give him his present that now seems close enough! Micah and I baked our first cake together and I will have to say it is the best one that I have made for Mick. Every year I try to make him a cake and it always ends up leaning or breaking in half, etc. But even with Micah poking, and sneezing and stirring it looks like a real live cake. Don't go getting excited, it was from a box, but we made it still! I don't know if Mick will see this before he leaves but I just wanted to try to give him a preview of home. Although my love language is thoughtful gifts so I worked really hard on a few things...Mick would have probably appreciated it more if I had picked up the house. Instead the house is a disaster because I let Micah run wild while I worked on things and he will have to step over all that to get to his presents. Oh well!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Mick! The cake looks great! I am sure Mick will love it.

Summer said...

Looks like fun!! Mom and I are doing some holiday baking this weekend. Happy Birthday Mick!

beth ewing said...

you're a sweet wife. isn't it funny how we try to do our love language for our spouse. i'm sure he'll love what you've done no matter what.