Monday, December 8, 2008

Only to Me...

could this happen. We have had two relatively good days with Micah. The last month has been hard with sickness as well as a really hard rebellion stage Micah is going through. Disciplining is hard enough, but disciplining when sick is even harder. So, like I said, two good days. But in the midst of this we have had a few bad moments. But as I look back I am starting to smile and by tomorrow I will be laughing. Here they are for recording purposes:
~Getting a shower in the morning is much like climbing Mt. Everest at my house-near impossible. So this morning we had done pretty good but at the end of fixing my hair Micah was getting pretty antsy and I can't say that I blame him. After I told him I would "old, old"...him in a minute. (that is his code for hold) my phone rang. I was waiting for the doctor to call back with more darth vader breathing info so I just grabbed it, figuring they would understand the crying child in the background. Well it was our pastor at the new church we are going to. I have met this pastor once but the church we are attending is so large he has no idea who he is calling. He has a few questions about the small group that we have started etc. At first I am able to answer by letting Micah do whatever he wants well then he wants to start screaming so I try to evade him and leave him in the bedroom so I can hear what the pastor is saying. Well Micah follows me and bites me in the butt...what...yep he bit my booty! All while I am trying to remain calm talking to the pastor who doesn't know me or know the fact that I am not an abusive mom. So I flung dracula off my booty and he threw himself onto the floor where he hit his head pretty hard and loud. Then he starts to really wail. The pastor says maybe this isn't a good time. I said it is pretty much always like this, maybe you should call my husband. He repeats his number and it appears I wrote the wrong number down and maybe I don't know his number at all. I try to retell it to him and can't remember it exactly. All the while still screaming Micah is in my arms just waiting for a good time out, I figured the head bang was as good as a spanking. Finally I hang up the phone feeling like a complete basket case and then I remember that my child just bit my rear end and needs punishing so I get back to that...all in a days work right?

I realized that one story was way long so I just will leave it at that for now.

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh my goodness! He bit your butt???? Be sure to keep good notes on how to handle this so I'll know for Pax!

Alison said...

Made me laugh. A much needed chuckle after this mom's hard day. :)

beth ewing said...

girl i am laughing so hard. i about died when you said you flung dracula off your booty. isn't parenting fun?! my mom always said that we were bad the minute she got on the phone. it's like kids know that you're distracted. and so far i've found it to be true.