Saturday, December 20, 2008

Watts Christmas

The whole family, even Roxy the dog...
Opening his very first present on his own.
Micah and his cousin Brandon playing in the woods with sticks.


Brandon and Micah on the trampoline. Brandon was so good with Micah and Micah loved him.


Jessica and Jenny with Micah on the golf cart. Micah apparently was packing heat on the trip around the pond. You never know what is out there...



Hayden driving the doonbuggy...scary!



Me and my "all grown up" cousin Jessica who I have taken care of since she was a baby!


The best Grandmama ever, I look so tall next to her, you can see where I get my height.


watching the HUGE fish in the pond



Our fam

Grandmama with her greats and grandkids...most of whom did not want to take this picture. (there are three more that weren't there)



We made the trek to LaGrange today to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We have it at one of my cousins house who has lots of land, a pond, a doonbuggy, a trampoline, a four wheeler, and a golf cart. It is a boys paradise. Micah loved being there and being "shoutside". He got to ride the golf cart a few times and jump on the trampoline and slide. He could have cared less about presents because he wanted to be playing outside. It was a lot of time in the car and it was a long busy day but well worth it. It is fun having Micah become a real part of our family traditions. I am so thankful that my 86 (I think) year old Grandmama was still there and as great as always. Every year she says next year I hope to be here "Lord willing and the creek don't rise..." and I am glad the Lord is still willing it! We took a picture with her and all of her grandchildren and it was fun to see how many kiddos she has impacted and touched.

2 comments:

beth ewing said...

how fun! i know how you feel about the cousins. i have 2 that are turning 18 and 19 the beginning of the year and i feel the same way. i think that means we're getting old.

Anonymous said...

Good to see your family - Grandmother looks good! Amy, "Mr. Ray" and I are spending the evening with Hayden! I can't wait. We are taking him to dinner, open presents and play Wii. He is so precious and I can only hope that someday....someday....his mom will work through all the things in her life and realize the precious gift she has. If she looks at your blog, I'm sure she will miss all the family things. Those family times linger in your mind for the rest of your life! Love you. Merry Christmas. mkm