Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day-Part 1





Mom reading her gift from Micah...
he made one for Grandmama and Aunt Dot too!

cute belt from Jenny!

This harmonica stole the show...for a $1.

Just thought some of you might want to see proof of me in the kitchen...ok so I am taking bacon out of the microwave but don't judge me people. There were grits and muffins...

This is what happens when you have too much Christmas. We looked down and Micah had just laid down in the midst of things.

Micah and his mo mo.

We had the first part of Christmas morning with just us and Micah was so cute. I put the very few gifts that we got him under a sheet on our living room table and had him pull it off. He wasn't sure what to think...after a bit he realized their were goodies underneath and he went to town. We got him the Little People Nativity Set and a few motorcycles...and a few books, etc. But the nativity and mo mo's were the main gifts. He loved them both and we went over the story of Jesus with the little people. I know that I am silly to think that Micah can understand but at least if we start now he may understand a little bit earlier right? Mick and I exchanged our gifts, and then we went to cooking breakfast for my parents, grandmother and my great Aunt Dot. Mick cooked omelets and I did the rest in between showering and playing with Micahbird. I had been pretty unsettled all Christmas eve but woke up just feeling the Lord's peace. Some of you must have prayed for me. Things were still hard but I really felt like God was there working on my ever analytical brain. My parents gave Micah John Deere boots and a belt with his name on it and a camo hat. Micah put them all on and looked so like our little redneck baby. After rushing to clean up it was off to Nana and Pops for more of the same...but I at least didn't have to do the cooking.

No comments: