Monday, May 3, 2010

Pray for them...




Yesterday was my second visit with my sister and it didn't quite go as planned. But being honest here it almost never does. There always seems to be some type of huge issue going on. When I got there yesterday she had another visitor other than me, which I didn't expect and it really made me anxious. Then Chase felt really warm so she took his temp and it was 102. For a one month old that is high so she called the doctor and they sent her to the ER. Thankfully I was there and could follow her there. There is along story with all of this but basically Heather has a trigger with needles and they had to use a lot of needles on Chase to get blood, etc. It was extremely hard for me and I don't have any issue with needles. He is ok and they sent him home after checking for all types of infection. But it was just another reality check for me that things are always going to be hard and that Heather is going to be fighting a battle continously for the rest of her life. So pray for sweet baby Chase who did so well and was oh so brave yesterday and for Heather to be the best Mom she can be. Last, pray for wisdom for our family to know how to help.

The pictures above are the ones I took with a disposable camera so quality isn't good but they are still pretty special to me because they are the first pictures of Heather and I in probably over three years. And for those that know me you know how important pictures are to me so it was just a big deal to have these.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. We are so glad that Chase is ok. He is an absolute doll. I like the picture of you and Heather, that is the first time in a long time that I have seen her smile. It seems like such a small thing and I know that she has a long way to go but it is a small step. I didnt think she was allowed to have visitors other than you and your mom and dad. That kind of worries me because she seems to be doing good right now and I hope that she continues to do that. You actually look happy with her too I hope that you can one day become the sisters you once were. love you sissy

EMU said...

Y'all look so much alike! Love seeing the pictures! : )

Amy said...

It's good to see pictures of the two of you. I love you both and will continue praying!