Saturday, May 22, 2010

happy tears...

The other day Micah did something sweet and I started to cry. He asked me why I was crying and I could tell he was a little concerned that he'd done something bad. I tried to explain that I was crying "happy tears" and that unfortunately for him this would probably happen alot. That sometimes momma just got so happy or proud of something he would do or had done that I would burst with tears...but they'd be ones because I was happy. Wasn't sure if he got it or not but twice this week he has responded in a way that I know he gets me. On the way to the ballfield I told him that I hoped Daddy won...to which he said "then you'll cry happy tears??" Then the other time he was singing Jesus loves me to Sadie Jane in the car and I asked him what he was making me do and he said "I'm making you cry happy tears!" Love that boy!

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I love the fun things kids say!! So sweet.