Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shoo fly, don't bother me!

I am starting to read Beth Moore's book, So Long Insecurity, I wanted to write a short post about it at the beginning to sort of document what I hope to be monumental progress! But today, I was reading outside while the babies took a nap at the same time....hallelujah! While I was reading no joke a fly totally attacked me. I am almost positive this fly worked for satan himself. He would dive bomb my head, bite my toes, I hit him with the book a good ten or fifteen times and he just kept coming back for more. By the time I finished the chapter it was humorous what was going on. Whether I am right or not that fly was working against me. Insecurity is just so ugly and I have been putting off starting this book and growing more insecure by the day. I am fine if I can keep myself focused on my identity in Christ, but give me an awkward moment with a friend, a unusually quiet husband, unruly children, a family in the throes of battling addiction and I lose sight of that and focus on circumstance. I get so insecure and analyze til I don't know which way is up. Even though the fly situation was humorous it was a perfect picture of my life. I sat down to read a book and the Bible and a fly completely got me off track. Same exact thing with my life I focus on Jesus but then flies start swarming, I start swatting and forget where in the world my security lies. Oh well, back up satan, because Jesus is on my side and I'm trusting we are about to kick insecurities booty:)

No comments: