Friday, May 28, 2010

Last Day of Micah's First Year of School


Yesterday was Micah's last day of his 2 year old preschool. He went on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours each day. At the start I was not sure about it at all (this is an understatement), but it turned out to be a blessing for our whole family. Micah's teachers were a perfect fit for him and by far that made the greatest impact on both he and I:) I am still considering homeschooling and working on doing some of it this summer to see how our family would flow with it. Micah is enrolled for two days a week next year in the three's and I think that will be a good balance for us to work at home a little and then at school he'll get the interaction with friend's and a different teacher. Plus, Sadie Jane and I will get a little time together again. Bless her heart her undivided attention is few and far between. I wanted to compile a list of my pros and cons for this year so here they are...
Pros:
No temptation for tv when he's at school
time with SayJ
Interaction with friends
Different teacher to teach
Learned ALOT
Music, which Micah LOVED
Emphasis on learning about God

Cons:
Had to wake him up alot to go
VERY cranky after school on those days
I don't know all of what influenced him at school

These are just a few things...I will add as I think of them. Gotta go get him out of in front the television.

No comments: