Friday, May 14, 2010

You're Gonna Miss This...

Huggin' Daddy after the game...
Sitting pretty on the ballfield patiently waiting for Daddy to finish talking to reporters.
Micah with Mick while talking to reporters...he kept saying "Daddy, please STOP talking!"
Coming off the field! Go Panthers!
Real Men pray after they win...(or lose:))
Hot. Hot. Hot.
Cheering for the boys!

That song kept going through my head as I headed to Augusta Wednesday with both kids on my own. It was a challenge, but we did it, and even though as I lay in bed nursing Sadie Jane to sleep at 1130 after two very long ballgames and one even longer ride to the hotel I battled between wondering why in the world I didn't stay at home in our nice little routine...and the fact that we got to be apart of Daddy's success. As the night wore on with Mick's snoring and Micah talking and SayJ pooting..I knew even though I'd be tired I am so gonna miss these days that we make it work for our family to be together even if the cost is some cranky babies. It isn't for everyone this life we live, but it feels blessed to us. Mick's boys pulled out a win in the third game on Thursday and are now in the Elite Eight in the state! I am so proud for them and Mick. If you remember, this hasn't been the easiest year for Mick as a Coach or for our family, but when you face struggles you often get to see your progress and impact a little more clearly and that is surely the case with this crew. So the boys play at home next Tuesday and possibly Wednesday...if you are in Douglasville you should definitely come help me, I mean watch the game:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

ooooh-we want to come!! Way to go!!! By your title, I thought that you meant they lost:-( Glad they didn't!! Remind me about Tuesday and let me know the time. Love you!