Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meeting Jesus at MickeyD's?

For Mother's Day Lunch, that is right! I woke up today to a puking and sick husband. Bless his heart, he worked so hard with ball that he is just totally spent. Ironically, I am not all bitter...I mean upset or dissappointed...me, bitter? Seriously I feel so bad for him so I wanted to try to get the kiddos out of the house so he could rest. And we had to get him some sprite and chicken noodle soup. I thought playground and McDonald's sounded yummy. I lug all our stuff in because I'm still carrying my ballfield bag which weighs as much as Sadie Jane and that is alot. We get up to the counter and Micah is running around me in circles and SayJ is screaming in her seat. The lady starts taking our order and the manager comes over to talk to SayJ (aka. get her quiet:)). When we finish ordering from the dollar menu the manager says, happy mother's day and I'll take care of your lunch! I was so surprised! Never had I seen someone do this, especially at MickeyD's...which I apologize for bashing ever before. So I thanked her alot and then got us sitting down. They then proceeded to help me to my table and offer to clean up my trash. (You would have thought we were at the chicken house!) So, I really feel like Jesus interceded with a special Mother's Day present just for me. Only He would know how much some cheeseburger and fries would mean.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Momma's! Each day I appreciate more and more what my Momma has done for me and what my Mother in love does for us now! Thanks to you both, Jenny and Nana, we love you much!

Last, I want to thank the McDonald's people...what should I do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

send a thank you note

Amy said...

That is so sweet of them! Wow!! I guess they thought they could take care of your meal because you only ordered off the dollar menu!:-) What a nice Mother's Day present!!! Hope the rest of your day was brightened! Love you!

Frick House said...

send them chicken house food!

gertsbride said...

I'm a friend of Katie Cottle's from LaGrange and I just have to tell you how very much I enjoy reading your blog! I love the McD's story. We call it "O'Donald's" at our house. Maybe you could include a pic of your kiddos in your thank you note- I'm sure they'd enjoy it!

-Mary Beth