Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"On May Eleventh, I'll be Three!"

Getting his present on, a watch!
Cupcakes at school that we made together.
Birthday boy t-shirt!
Buildabear Peace Bear.
Sweet Sadie Jane watching her big bubba.
So serious about stuffing his bear.

Daddy took his lunch break to visit for a few minutes.
Then it was bye bye, back to work...boo hiss.
I can hardly believe that my baby boy is three years old today. Everyone tries to tell you how fast it will go but on that Friday morning when I kissed him for the first time I had NO idea how quickly he would change and grow and become my little man.
This year has brought all sorts of firsts for Micah. He got a big boy bed. He learned to go potty. He got a baby sister and became the best big brother. He started school. He learned so much and has conversations with me like he is ninety years old. He loves passionately and hurts deeply. He is still a sensitive one, especially when it comes to harsh words or discipline from his daddy. Yesterday Mick was dribbling Micah's basketball in the house and I told him he was going to dent the floor...Mick said his coach used to say that on the court because he went after everything full tilt...even dribbling a ball. Well, Micah definitely inherited that from his Daddy. He does everything full tilt and only stops when he falls or when forced. Almost everything we do is met with an "I'll beatcha!" or a "let's race!". This is the first birthday that Micah really understands what is going on and he has had so much fun today...aside from the sugar rush. We had lunch at the mall and then went to make a bear. After we made the bear we were walking through the mall and I asked Micah if he wanted anything else for his birthday to which he replied. " I already got my bear!" So thankful for what he has instead of his sometimes ungrateful self. It looks like the terrible twos are behind us:) Ha ha!!

4 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I cannot believe he is 3! Happy birthday Micah Bird! :)

Kaye said...

is he really 3? that's crazy. i think our little guy is turning out to be a lot like your little guy. full throttle all the time. no fear. wonder where he got that from?! but he is sensitive & loves his mama. i might be calling you for advice in the days ahead!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Micah Reid! So glad Pax and I could spend some of your special day with you! Love you!