Friday, March 27, 2009

such a funny bird

As I type I can hear Micah raising the roof in his bed. It is way past his usual naptime but these rainy days in Ga. have him sleeping til 10:00! I know, he is yet again living the life that I dream of...while Micah is getting more and more difficult or challenging he is also getting more downright funny. Here are some funny things that he has done that I can't remember if I posted about.

~ While walking through his mound of little people he always pays special respect to baby Jesus. He usually wont throw him like he does the pilot or kick him like he does the geeky school boy. The other day I heard him clear as day "Excuse me, Jesus" as he pushed him aside to get to Noah and his ark.

~ He is now speaking in sentences and if he is speaking with you he usually states your name in his sentence. My personal favorite is anytime Mick is doing something he says "Careful, Daddy" In the sweetest way. I think he also senses that Daddy is prone to not being so careful.

~ We are being invited to alot of birthday parties recently and Micah is super excited. Sometimes he wakes up in the morning begging for a party. When asked who he wants to invite he insists only his friend Jaxson and Jaxson's dog Mia.

~ Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has taken over his love for Elmo and Sesame Street. I am not particularly happy about this due to my bday party idea planning and I prefer to watch the Street. But one of the parts of MMCH is that Mickey calls "Oh toodles" and Micah has really taken hold to this. He often beckons me this way after naptime or screams it from the top of anything to get my attention. I am sure non Mouseketeers wonder why my son has a petname for his mother.

~ Mick has always been really good at remembering to bless the food. Micah is carrying on in his father's footsteps. While I am a little more eager to get to the food Micah always reaches out his hand and states blessing...

Ok, ok, enough already. Somebody remind me of these cute stories tonight at 8:00 when we have entered timeout for the third time in six minutes for stating no over and over and over again.

2 comments:

EMU said...

My 2 year old niece is a big Clubhouse fan too and also says, "Oh tooooooodles!" So silly. :)

Anonymous said...

we're watching mmc right now - taylor also says "oh toodles" so cute. i hope she gets to meet micah soon!