Monday, March 2, 2009

sick bird

So I don't know if eating snow and ice causes a fever but we have one. I mentioned earlier that Micah was grumpy yesterday I didn't know he had a reason to be at the time. But he woke up from his nap with a fever of 102 and then got better as the night went on. But then at 3 this morning back with the burning up and I am sorry but when Micah has a fever of 100 or more it feels like his little head is on fire. He finally went back to sleep at 6 and then woke up again at 7. I was getting flashbacks from infanthood and ear infections so I am wondering if they are the culprit. So anyways say a little prayer for our sick bird because he is just pitiful. I don't know what the deal is he really doesn't have any other outward symptoms. I wish I could just be trained at how to give a strep test and how to diagnose an ear infection. That alone could save us thousands in doctors visits. BUT I am holding out this time to try not to call the doctor to hear, go home and wait it out. So I will wait it out for a day maybe...that is as good as I get people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph - take it from someone who was all too familiar with ear infections. I learned that a warm blanket, pillow or wash cloth over the ear will make it feel better - just don't get it too hot in the microwave. I know that you went swimming a few weeks ago - that could be your culpret. You must always, always put the plugs in the ear - particularly the one that seems to cause the most problem. Amy wore ear plugs until she was in college and still has some trouble with her ears to THIS very day. Don't you remember the yarn around her neck!!!! Just always remember to keep those ears covered - it won't keep Micah from having ear infections, but it could help some with water in ears, wind, cold and night air. Sorry he is sick - hope the little fellow is better soon. mkm