Monday, March 30, 2009

The Second Child










Today Micah and I had a good morning...fortunately the Nana hangover went away after some tylenol and a good nights rest. We headed out to work and then eat a little lunch and then we FINALLY went to see my friend Alison's not so new little boy. We have had the fever and pinkeye for so long that we wanted to be good and germfree before we subjected Douglass Charles to us. We of course took her CFA, which as an afterthought realized that only I would want Chick-fil-A after working there. But it was so nice to hang out with them and DC's older sister Charlotte. Micah and Charlotte haven't been able to hang out since Charlotte has gotten the walking thing down pat and they really enjoyed each other. Charlotte is such a girl, giggling and laughing at everything Micah did. We hope this subsides for her sake, but she's pretty much been doing that since birth. She just finds him so humorous...and for a Harper that is all the encouragement they need. Unfortunately the second child syndrome was in full force as I realized I didn't even take the poor handsome babies picture! So awful a friend am I. I would feel bad...except there aren't any pictures on Alison's blog either:) So next time they'll all be of Douglass Charles! What was surprisingly refreshing was that Micah was SO gentle with Douglass Charles and really careful around him. What a relief! I am so afraid for our new little one and the bean isn't out of the belly yet. Micah already kicks and hits it now. Micah also loved Charlotte's dolls and wanted to feed them because Ms. Alison was feeding the other baby. Too sweet, I know Mick will say otherwise. We miss our time with Alison since two babies keeps her pretty busy...aka exhausted. So thanks for letting us intrude and catch up!

2 comments:

Alison said...

We enjoyed having ya'll and Chick-fil-A - I was having withdrawel. Micah will be such a big helper and good with the baby I am sure. It was fun to catch up.

Amy said...

That was sweet of you! I would like to see pics of DC, too:-)