Wednesday, March 4, 2009

rough night...rough day

This is a boring post about sick bird...you can probably look back to last year and read something identical so skip it if you don't want the medical info today. So last night Micah got real lethargic. Those that know him know that he is anything but...he freaked out when I went to work so Mick came up to the chicken house with him. He sat in his lap the whole time. I started to get real anxious. Then we went to Taco Tuesday and he got worse. By the time we got home he was pretty hot but Hayden came over and he perked up some. Then Hayden left and Micah's temp was 102...by 11 it still wouldn't go down and I started packing a hospital bag. Fortunately I have a more rational calm husband and he called to talk to the nurse. She said Micah would be fine to wait til the morning. So we slept on and off all night and Micah got up at about 6:30 then I was even scareder because he would just look at me with pitiful eyes and then pass out. His fever was then 103. So I meet the Dr at the office when they open and for the first time ever Micah actually has a fever when I take him to the dr. It was still 103. She looked at his ears and one was starting to get infected and the other was...but she could tell somehow that this had just started and thought that it was a byproduct of whatever viral madness he has. And apparently fever is nothing to worry about. I mean I know this technically but when your child turns into someone else you think the worst. I know it is just Micah's way of fighting infection but it sure would help if he beat the infection off in less than a week. So from now on I am going to try not to panic when this happens, yeah right. Oh and I know some of you thought that his ears were infected from swimming and I wondered too but the doc said that definitely wouldn't cause this type of infection. Just fyi, she said this was inner if it were water related it would've been outer. Whatever all that means... And now the fever is somewhat gone...for now...but there is some weird goop all in and over his eye! Sheesh does this ever end?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortnuately - with little ones, sickness comes and sickness goes. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Sometimes it just takes staying home several days, away from other kids, but then Mommie is miserable - I guess that's the price we pay. Remember...he WILL be better tomorrow and then in a few weeks, "it" will be back - sorry. mkm

Anne Marie said...

Hang in there girl, the Great Physician has him in His hands. I can't even imagine how worrisom it can be. Before you know it he'll be right back to running all over the place!

Amy said...

How are yall feeling? Hope Bird is all better!