Sunday, March 29, 2009

Prom Night '09

Trying to get a kiss goodbye from the bird. I just got my hair done too! Yeah!
The family prom picture.

The close up


The happy couple...

notice the baby bump and the beaded boy...he thought he could go too!




Last night was prom for CHHS. I love going to prom and I think we probably only go because I want to. I know I get to get dressed up and make a date out of it so I figure why not? Plus you get to people watch some very interesting and diverse teenagers. I know Micah can't wait til we go with him:) Nana and Pops kept Micah and let him spend the night. He was really excited and even helped pack his own bag. He got his swimsuit and said he was going to ask, ask Nana to go swimming. I'll let you know how that turned out. So, we went to our Cheers, aka Longhorn's for dinner, and note to self if you want to get stared at in Dville wear your prom dress to eat there...people were not afraid to stare. I will explain I usually where my usual black dress, etc. but we found the dress I am wearing at Dillard's for 9 bucks so I had to wear it. I even altered it myself with safety pins...nice. It was a bit much but super comfortable and I had fun wearing a real prom dress again. Also, I wasn't the only girl at the prom sporting my baby bump. That was interesting. After we ate we went to the prom and people watched for a while, had some good free dessert, then headed home to relax without rocking anyone to bed. Ahhhh....so nice. I mean I wouldn't trade our life for the world but I do not mind a break from it every now and then.


4 comments:

The Kimmels said...

you guys are so cute!

Alison said...

Glad ya'll had fun. I haven't seen you in so long I haven't had a chance to see the baby bump. So exciting!!!

Queen B said...

That dress is gorgeous! Glad you guys had fun.

Amy said...

You looked so pretty!! Glad yall had fun!!