Monday, March 23, 2009

almost 6 months...

since I have seen my sister. Most of you know a little bit about her story. But basically my sister has been addicted to drugs, especially meth, for a long time. In Sept./Oct. of last year things transpired that finally let us help her. Unfortunately that was shortlived and she checked out of a rehab 2 weeks after arriving and hasn't gone anywhere productive since (that I know of). The last time I saw her I was crying and so proud that she had made such a big step. Yesterday I cried in church because there is nothing else I can do to help her except pray. I say all this because I would ask you to pray as well. It was also a moving moment for me because I keep saying I have given this situation over to the Lord then I find a little piece of my heart that is holding on and doing it on my own. At church God reminded me that even this situation is going to work for my good and I just can't wait to see how...it will be huge! My sister cut off communication shortly after checking out of rehab so I can only tell you what I know from heresay. There are other things that have happened along the way but there isn't really a need to put all that out there. I just never thought I would go this long without speaking to my sister. It makes me so sad and hurt if I let myself think about it. At one point, she read my blog, so I thought I might write her a letter here just in case. I also thought it would be good therapy and if anyone you know is struggling with addiction feel free to delete the name and send it to your loved one:)

Dear Heather,

I miss my sister. I love you and I really want what is best for you. I am sorry if I hurt you in trying to get you help. I truly only want you to get well so that you can be apart of our family again. Please take care of yourself and choose to get help. I will do anything to help that happen. Jesus loves you more than I do and He is there when you feel like I am not. I am here whenever you need me and I love you! I am praying for you and nothing you could do would make me love you any less.

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Stefanie, I just wanted to share something that came to mind as I read your message for today...and even you said it yourself. When you said you have realized you can do nothing but pray...that is right where God wants you. See He wants ALL the glory in this situation and He wants Heather to know that it is only by Him that she can be saved. Through prayer and petition you will see His work (even when the evil one tries to blind you). We will pray for you and her as well!

Amy said...

That is a touching post! I hope she sees it! I love you and am praying for you!