Thursday, November 13, 2008

on, on pc...

For those that don't know that is the start of my college fight song. Last night we got to run into some old faces from college after Micah's gymnastics class. It was late and he was tired so he didn't last long. So when I say see old friends, I mean see their faces and that is about it. It was the Creasman's who are raising support for the ministry that I was involved in college: Campus Outreach. I had not seen the Creasman's since they became that so it was really neat to see Kaye and Benny together. If you want to see their ministry or give for support...feel free to check out their blog.
But seeing them and reading another friends blog who is in college reminded me how much I loved those days. Now I love my life now and wouldn't change...most of it...for anything. But college for me was this amazing time that I had no idea would end so soon. A friend was so stressed with the studying and I remember being that way too, I had know idea how little those tests mattered in light of eternity. And how much the friendships did matter in the same light. The friends that I made there were so real and without preconceived notions or worries. We had limitless time to hang out and do fun things. It was also a time where my life with the Lord was so tight...having so much time for bible study, praise and worship, d groups, class that talked about God...on and on. Real life is so different than that bubble and making real friends outside of it is so much harder. Even though I am TERRIBLE at keeping up with my college friends (the couple I saw last night, who I was really good friends with, I had not seen in 4 years! Yikes!) ...those of you that read my blog that were college friends I know you agree with that statement. But it doesn't mean I don't wish I were more connected. My friends now outside of college are great, its just so hard to find time to be real with one another and to talk honestly about spiritual things, and making new ones...oh that is so stinkin hard.
Not sure why I felt the need to share this...other than if you were a college friend and read this...leave a comment I would love to reconnect!

3 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

...to Victory!!!
Amen Steph! I get homesick for PC every couple of months. It was such a sweet time. Those four years went by WAY too fast!

Kaye said...

it was SO fun to see you guys even though it had been a long time!! and micah is even cuter in person & you are just as funny as i remember you...thanks so much for coming to see us!

Anonymous said...

Count me in too!!!