Thursday, November 20, 2008

buddies!

Holding hands...so sweet.
You will notice their toy of choice was some old spoons!

Trying to get a smile out of both of them and keep them still was near impossible.


I mentioned in a previous post about my new friend that didn't read my blog...shortly after I wrote that she then read my blog. But we have remained friends even after that incident. Not only have I found a new friend but so has Micah. While they still only "parallel play" (as Taron calls it)...Micah gets really excited when he knows he is going to get to see Jaxson, Micah yells..Jax! Jax! They do seem to get along very well. Thankfully Micah doesn't bully him, which is a relief to me. We were supposed to go to Monkey Joe's today but it never opened. We waited outside with one of the workers but no one ever showed up to open the door and blow the stuff up. I felt bad for the boys, especially since Micah and I had been saying Monkey Joe's all morning. Instead we just came back here and played and then went to lunch. Micah would not sit still, threw his peas on the floor, banged on the glass door so loud people thought someone was breaking in, and then pulled all the bottles of sauce off a shelf. All while Jaxson sat quietly and ate his lunch. The dilemma here is trying not to compare children. I know you aren't supposed to but wow, God sure does make everyone so different. I just don't want to be those people banned from the playgroup for misbehavior...or worse yet...failure to discipline. I am hoping that Jaxson's good behavior rubs off on Micah not vice versa...or our new friends will soon be old/nonexistent friends.

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

oh girl i can feel your pain. miller is very high strung and super stubborn. i can't help but envy other mom's sometimes that have laid-back, well-behaved kids.