Monday, November 24, 2008

from out of the running to winner...


of the "Worst Momma of the Year" award. The story of last night goes like this:
hear Micah cry out... momma momma...I go pee and then head to his room. Wait at the door. No sound. Back to sleep I go.

Repeat this 3X.

On the 4th time I got worried(thus the Worst award...I should have gone in on the first, momma) @ 6am so I opened the door anyway. I am almost legally blind and didn't have my glasses on but there was no mistaking, I didn't have to see what I could already smell. I turned around to go find my glasses to investigate what I already knew was awaiting me. What I didn't know was how awful I would feel all at once.
You guessed it Micah had thrown up all over himself in the bed then apparently bulldozed around in it all night. The smell was way worse than I can even describe. Nevermind that, I wasn't there for the first real throw up my bird has had. All I could think of is how scared he must have been...not knowing what was happening. I know I always wanted my momma right there holding my hair. I didn't care that he was covered from head to toe...I scooped him up, stripped him down and put him in bed with me. While Mick cleaned up, three cheers for Daddy!
Micah has been such a calm sweet boy all day long. We don't know if it was something he ate or a bug. We will know tomorrow if one of us starts the puking! Micah is sleeping now and will hopefully wake up feeling all better. We shall see...
The picture of Micah and his fresh clean blankey post-puke. He just would follow Mick or I somewhere and then lay down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart sweet girl! Don't beat yourself up. If he had needed you - he would have let you know. I sure hope he's not getting sick. Charlie pukes when he has drainage - maybe that is it???

beth ewing said...

poor micah...hope he feels better soon. none of us like throwing up. but don't beat yourself up...as i was reading i was thinking i would have done the same exact thing and have on many occasions. so don't feel bad. there is no way you could have known.

Amy said...

I sure hope he's feeling better! I agree witht he comment about the drainage. That's what would always happen to me. Just a side note: if you had a video monitor you could have seen it going on:-) (hahaha)
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I think you have to share your title with me. I did the same thing. We were in our cry it out phase (she only took two nights to sleep through), then a few weeks later, she woke up at 11:30, which was really early for her, but we let her cry any way...about 30 minutes later we finally checked, and there was puke EVERYWHERE...I have never felt so guilty in my life. And ever since, I check on her every time she cries...I'm with Amy, I totally want a video monitor, but there's just so expensive.