Tuesday, November 18, 2008

18 month check up

Micah wanted me to take a picture of this silly tiger.
I just like these pics because you can see his blue eyes well.

This is his kiss me face. He does like a fish when he kisses.


Today was Micah's check up and this is going to be a more "for the records" post so unless you are bored you can skip it. Micah is over 26 lbs and 32"2' tall. I don't know what percentile that is but he definitely looks "healthy" in my grandmama's view of healthy. This is the first time he has been to the doctor where he could sense it wasn't going to be a fun thing. He got three shots and he really got angry about that. He tore the bandaids off and just flailed around. Thank goodness Mick skipped out of school for a few minutes because I ended up crying too. After that I took him to the mall to ride the choo choo train. I felt like he deserved it after the shots! The whole way to the mall he cried and screamed "no no shot" and then he would spank his little legs. Other than the shots we found out Micah's tubes have fallen out of both ears. Just in time for winter and cold season...as well as no swimming pools. I think we will go to an indoor pool soon so that he can just go under alot! Micah is talking alot. He says anything we say and likes to say no far to much. I have already fallen into the trap of thinking my child is advanced...when I was teaching those are the mothers that got under my skin the worst. So I am going to keep my petitions for an iq test to myself:)
On another note, surprisingly I really missed Micah alot last night. I think I am really crazy. I get a night away, and I enjoyed myself for sure, but I would think...oh Micah would like that crane. Micah would like those lights. I wonder if Micah is going to bed good. And it was the only night that I can remember that I didn't rock him and say his prayers with him. Thanks to Mick who put him down when he was supposed to and freed me up for the whole night. I know there are many of you out there who leave your children alot for work by choice or by neccesity, I know that everyone is different. If there is one thing in motherhood that should be upheld is not judging another mother for something that you differ on. We can differ, but I wont judge you, because I sure don't want to be judged myself. But for me it is very hard to be away from him for long and already don't know how I'll handle sending him off to school one day. All that to say, I just don't like to be away from Micah for very long. I either am crazy or need to do it more so that I can get used to it. I am not sure which.
Lately Micah has been a joy to raise and I have had more fun doing it. I don't know if it is a change in my disposition or his, but it has been a blessing. We are also working less and playing more, another blessing.

No comments: