Sunday, November 9, 2008

oh crappy day!

So lately posts have either been depressing, seriously spiritual or just inordinate numbers of pictures of Micah...I thought I should lighten it up a bit and share some stories about our lives that I want to look back on and laugh about:
~Unbelievably Micah is getting more and more active. He is beginning to understand discipline and for that I am thankful. It is still a huge chore but we are making progress. He spends a great deal of time going in and out of time out. Predominately for the hitting still. He loves to give me a good whack in the face if I interrupt his plans. This week we have surmised it is teething that has gotten him all worked up most afternoons. One night this week he got so hysterical about nothing that I finally asked him if he wanted to go to time out...he said ...yes...sniff sniff and walked right in and sat on his spot wailing. After some tylenol and dinner he finally got it together just in time for bed.
~Because we have a harvest party each year I like to hit up target's 75% off sale after halloween. We went when it was 50% but decided Micah and I would go back when it was cheaper. So Thursday morning(this is when they do their endcap markdowns at our target) Micah was up at 6:30...darn the time change and me ever being thankful for it. So we went to target around 9 and Micah did great while I shopped. Meanwhile he was pulling things off the shelves and dropping them into the buggy. But it was entertainment so I didn't care. I knew I would give them all to the register girl and tell her we didn't want them. So then I get a few work phone calls and Micah starts getting a little antsy. Then we get to the register and he is real antsy...trying to stand up in the seat and such. He always gets most antsy when we are in line with a large audience. So I put him in the back and enlist him to help me put things on the belt. He thinks it would be fun to climb up there with the stuff. I get him down...and continue to unload...praying Micah doesn't fall out of the buggy. I grab the few things that Micah had tossed in to hand to the lady and one thing pops open and this capsule full of nerds go everywhere! Micah finds this hilarious! I find it very frustrating. We are the people who refuse to leave a mess at restaurants and try to always teach Micah that we should clean up our own messes. The register lady says 'oh it's ok'...in a very 'it's not ok' voice and I ask for the broom. She says oh we'll get it later...but blue nerds are being crushed underfoot as we speak. Plus I have to teach Micah to clean up(this is what I am thinking). So I grab some wipes and Micah and we try to clean up. Mission unsuccessful with a slick floor and slippery nerds. I look over at Micah from my hands and knees and he is happily helping me as each blue speck goes from his grubby hands into his mouth. AHHHH...so I grab him and push the buggy out of the way (the lady behind me says 'they'll clean it up really' in her "get the heck out of my way voice" While I am worrying about what the lady behind me thinks I realize Micah isn't eating nerds off the floor anymore. I look around and he has run behind the photo lab and is trying to crawl into an open cabinet. I finally capture him screaming and kicking and push our buggy outside in shame. Then I realized it was only 1030 and we had the whole day ahead of us.
~Today we had church and family time. Both good things. Then Micah wanted to go tee tee in the potty. He went really good and started to run around with no pants on. I always feel bad that his stuff is always cooped up in a wet diaper so I thought I would give him some time in the wind. I figured it would be fine since he had just gone pee really well. You all know where I am going from here...but I didn't. So, I let him play in his new playroom in the garage pantless. We put down that gym floor stuff so I thought no harm if he gets the urge to go again. I almost went to get the camera because it was so funny. He was even going down the slide like it was no thing...ouch. So then with no warning I look up and see him climbing up the back of the slide and there is something heading south from his behind. Yep...he pooped right there on the slide. I was of course in slow motion and couldn't get there to change the outcome. Then to make matters worse he started stepping in it! I will skip the rest of the details since they are even more unpleasant. Oh well, 5 minutes of free ballin' turned into 45 minutes of cleaning! His stuff will now be cooped up for good...like the diaper or not.

Our lives after Micah have never been short of entertainment or excitement that is for sure.

4 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I am exhausted just from reading this! ha!

At least he is entertaining?

Looking forward to seeing you!

Amy said...

That is so funny! Perfect title for that!!

Sara said...

You should try Michaels - they have their fall stuff all 80% off in D'ville! I got $35 of stuff for like $8! It was great!!

kmlindsay said...

That made me laugh so hard! One of the best stories about maddie is that she went potty in her pants when I wasn't home and Dustin was "watching" her. I guess it made a huge mess because he took her outside and hosed her off........in December. Love it!