Monday, November 17, 2008

girl's night...

Suz, Aim, and Alison

Me and Taron
Boy do girl's nights change once you have children (or have friends with children,Suz). For the last two weeks I have been trying to plan a girl's night. It finally came together tonight after lots of indecisiveness and emails. We ended up with just 5 girls but it turned out better that way, being able to talk more to everyone. We went to Atlantic Station but unfortunately took too long at the meal so we only got to go in one store(just barely). Since I planned it and had high expectations I feel bad that we didn't get to do everything. (and for the fact that we could have just gone to longhorn's:)) We were all tired by 9 anyways, and missed our children. I think for a December girl's night I am having everyone to my house to do something. It is funny though, you appreciate the time in the car, wherever, doing whatever, just being responsible for one person and spending time with women in the same stage of life that you are...So thanks girls for making my night!

9 comments:

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Okay, I have to say neither photo of me is good. I look like I am fat, but hey everyone, I am six months preggers. So... anyway. Looks like my face is already swelling. It should be a fun third trimester. :)

Thanks for putting everything together. I had a fun evening!

Sarah said...

So sorry I couldn't make it! Hopefully I can come to the next one!!

Anonymous said...

i think we kind of look alike!

Anonymous said...

that was me - taron, as annonymous...

The Kimmels said...

Yes, thanks for putting it together Steph! It was great to see you and to meet Alison & Taron.

I don't have kids (obviously) but Im sure it was good for you girls to get away, even if you did miss your kids!

Amy said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for planning it, Steph! Being that I had to get up so early to work this morning, I was MORE than content to eat dinner and head home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Charlie and I are in Dville for a while. I have hurt my back (which makes parenting challenging) so I am here for the extra set of hands. Anyways, we ate at Moes last night and I was hoping to see you:) But - it sounds like you were having fun!!!

Alison said...

Hey, thanks for removing the other horrible picture of me. :)