Thursday, April 2, 2009

strange night and streppy morning.

Last night we put Micah to bed as usual. He did so good and went down so easy but at 1:00 he started seriously crying for me. In his I'm not going back to sleep til I see Momma's face, cry. So I got him and brought him into bed with us. Well, he was struggling real hard to breathe and making a raspy noise. Not good. Mick then mentions that it could possibly be because he bathed him with something different. I asked with what...and Mick's reply was "that green stuff". I said you bathed him with that???? The green stuff is Johnson's Vapor Bath and it is to be put into the tub in a small amount. It is NOT a soap and the first time I used it was the last because Micah only got sicker after using it. So then the usual panic mode set in that Micah was having some weird allergic reaction. Mick was feeling awful for using poison for soap. We called the nurse line and she said she thought it sounded like croup. I understood why she thought so but still thought it had to do with being immersed in eucalyptus. She said we should see the dr. this morning. So I go to get Micah out of bed. When I put him in he could hardly talk. He looks at me from his bed and shouts "Hey Mommy!" all happy and normal. So I think I am not taking him to the dr. with no symptoms so I went on to work and made an appt for later in the morning to see if the symptoms resurfaced. Nana met me with Micah and the cough had come back. I told the dr about our bathing issue but she too thought it was unrelated to his sickness. She checked him out and he has strep throat. I still think the vapor bath irritated it but Mick can rest easy knowing he didn't cause Micah's sickness. Although I will be shortly throwing that bottle away. (Always the cautious Momma I am still not completely convinced in the no corelation so will keep it in my purse in case Micah does anything else weird...and we need ingredient listings:)) So now we are home, one dose of antibiotic down and hoping for a better nights sleep. We are also praying that I don't get this like the pinkeye since this is even worse for the pregnant lady. Yikes! I despise sickness I really do. To top it all off we had "plans" for our Friday night...real live "plans" now we'll be going solo since we don't want to pass along anything to our friends. Bummer!

No comments: