Thursday, April 16, 2009

Micahbird and his Birdies.
















Some of you may remember we had a bird's nest last year that Micah was so intrigued with...well Mommabird and Daddybird have returned and are apparently busy as usual. I think they have laid eggs in the nest again. Micah loves watching them and talks about them ALOT. Today we were supposed to go to the aquarium with some friends but our friend Jaxson is sick...say a prayer for him. Sooo, Micah was a little disappointed and I ended up working the whole morning on the phone, at the store etc. Then to top it off we had to go to the dreaded grocery store. So I decided we'd get birdseed and peanut butter to go with our pinecones in the front yard and make birdfeeders. Micah loved it and we had our own little craft time. This is really the first craft that I haven't actually ended up doing the whole thing while Micah runs off to something else. He was committed to the process, so much so that we made 4 pinecone feeders. Now, I know nothing about: birds, birdseed, making feeders, etc. So I don't know if the birds will eat our treats but I am sure our neighbors will love our tree out front. I know I do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

The Kimmels said...

I would think it would attract the birds...and some squirrels if they can get to them. ;)

Ditto to Sarah's comment.
We also need to talk about your belly photos tomorrow. Lets get that on the books! Sooo excited!