Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Hill Family Luck




So I don't believe in luck, but if I did, I would say that my family (The Hill's) are just plain unlucky. If something bad is going to happen, it just honestly tends to happen to them. This weekend we were party to their latest little trial. On Friday we headed to the lake. We heard it might be bad weather at home but the lake was beautiful when we got there. Micah went down to the beach and even put his feet in the freezing cold water. We packed up for dinner at Oscars...our favorite. My mom and dad dropped Hayden with us so that they could have a date night. After we got done with dinner it started turning dark, real dark. Hayden gets real nervous about storms so he kept saying...it is just cloudy Uncle Mick, just cloudy. He kept insisting on this even after the rain started to fall. Anyways, we get to the lake house and my parents hadn't left for dinner yet. We told them they might should wait a few minutes and about 5 minutes later we had golf ball sized hail pelting our tin roof as loud as it could be. It was unreal. I have never seen anything like it. The wonderment wore off for my Dad when he realized his blessed truck, his one prized possession was also being barraged by this storm. We had to forbid him from going to lay on top of the hood, or putting a blanket on it. It lasted about 10 minutes and then was gone. But not without alot of damage to our new car, dad's truck, the gazebo (looked like it had been shot up by gangsters), adirondack chairs had wholes straight through them, etc. etc. So while it was a bad storm and there were a few casualities in the possession department...we were actually not unlucky but blessed that we all were safe under our roof instead of out driving in the storm. Although, my dad might not see it that way.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow!! I can't believe that!!! I'm so sorry!