Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Hostess with the Mostess I am Not...





We had Aunt Amy's Baby Shower today at my house. I feel like I am always learning how to be a good hostess and most of the time I feel like I am not very good at it. I always get distracted and wonder the whole time what other people are thinking. What a waste of my time. I wish I wouldn't do that but I do...one day I will get satan to stop having me do that.

Ok, but enough about me Amy got lots of great things and seemed to have a great time. Since she doesn't have her own blog I am putting all this info on here so her friends can see. Thanks to Amy sharing my blog with her friends my blog readers have doubled!

Amy has been the best pregnant lady I know and I found myself a little emotional about today and all that it means. Amy's mom and my mom have a group of friends that have been together since we were born. Those are the ladies that helped me throw the shower. Now Amy and Kristen and I are the next generation and it was neat to see all of our families growing together. Friendships are so important and you learn that more when you have children of your own. Or maybe you just appreciate them so much more. Probably because you weed out your true friends by the ones that will still go to dinner with you even after your child is a terror at the table! I digress...Amy did a great job at her shower and I am so excited for Paxton to be here. Only a few more weeks and he will get to meet Micah.

Micah's friend Jake was at the shower and they played together. Unfortunately Micah's personality came out in force and he intimidated poor Jake. He actually hit Jake over the head with a bag then stole his plug. Soon, Jake is just going to rare back and smack Micah and no one will blame him.

A few of Amy's friends from college came to the shower and stayed a while later just to hang out. Micah loved them...and I'll have to say I enjoyed just having some girl time. I rarely get that anymore so thanks ladies for hanging out with us! Amy and I have always been like family and it is almost like we are sisters at this point...we have different groups of friends and it is neat to see as we get older that they start to overlap.

I was going to write this blog from Amy's perspective but she tends to be a little sensitive lately and all of the things I thought to say were funny to me but might not so much have been to her. I love you Aim! Happy Baby Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun Stephanie. I threw a shower for my best friend today too! So funny when friends get to become mamas!!! I loved seeing the pictures of your little guy with Brad's baby - PRECIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

oops - I clearly can't type - I meant fun (but I guess it is funny too)!!!

The Kimmels said...

Great post! I had so much fun hanging out with you. It was definitely fun having that girl time. Anytime you want us to come back over, just say the word! Ill see you in a couple of weeks when Paxton gets here!! Can you believe it? I can't wait to take photos of he & Micah together!

Summer said...

Ahhh, thanks for sharing. I am counting on you & Suzie to keep us updated on Paxton :-) Wish I could have been there. And that i so awesome that yall all have kids close in age. So neat!! Paxton is sure one lucky kiddo.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to hang out and get some girl time! I'm calling you this week to catch up!!!

Sarah said...

I had such a good time hanging out on Saturday--and you can call us YOUR friends...not just Amy's :) Micah is too precious--I will be happy to take him off your hands anytime! Thanks for having me on Saturday-see you soon!

Amy said...

Steph-thank you for a wonderful shower!! I appreciate you doing this for me, Brad, and Paxton! I really enjoyed hanging out afterwards, too! You are such an amazing person, friend, mother. Thank you for being there for me my whole life, but especially in this new chapter of our lives! I love you and your family so much!! Also, thanks for helping me go through my goodies last night! I love you!