Monday, March 17, 2008

mr. independent--chatter box

Micah has really amazed me in the last few days. I find myself just overwhelmed with thankfulness for this little boy and sad at the same time that as each day goes by it is gone forever and we can't get it back. Trying to take in every new thing with awe and excitment is my goal but often we just get caught up in getting things done and we miss an opportunity to see the things around us grow...including our children. As I am writing this Micah is standing at my feet pulling everything off my desk... this is one of those times where I am tempted to get frustrated instead of being thankful he can stand and grow and move. He is only exploring new things.
Ok, enough of that, this weekend I caught Micah reading! I love to read and when I was younger people used to tell my mom that she needed to get my nose out of those silly books all the time. I still love to read but rarely get the chance to stick my nose in a book for any prolonged period of time. With that being said I try to read to Micah everyday. Sometimes he pays attention...mostly he eats the pages. Well, this weekend he has started being so verbal. Talking to shoes, us, the couch and pointing etc. I looked down on Sat. afternoon and he was reading a book, pointing at the pages and gibber jabbering about each page. It was great. He then went back to eating the pages but for a moment I caught a glimpse of what I hope to be my little reader that wont get his nose out of a book.

No comments: