Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Day in the Life of SDH &MR7H

Every so often I wanted to chronicle what our day looks like so that as time passes I can see the changes and ways that we are growing. So, I am giving you fair warning that this is sure to be a pretty boring post. Stop now and it wont hurt my feelings.
Now that Nana is the only one still reading I will continue...
Here is a usual day for Micah Bird and I:
8:00 We are up and going, Micah springs awake with babbling and calls me until I get in the room.
Every morning when we walk out of his room there are pictures of Mick and Bay and Charlee Ray. Micah loves to wave good morning to them. I am serious, every morning.
Some books say you should give the child plenty of time to wake up before feeding...not this boy...as soon as his pants are changed he wants to eat ...eat...eat.
8:15 We nurse and then I head straight for the shower. Micah now plays in the floor of the bathroom while I do so ...which is why our bathroom looks like a tornado hit every day( who am I kidding so does every other room) Micah is as regular as an old man on metamucil so he takes his morning poop while I am in the shower.
8:30 While trying to get dressed and dry my hair Micah is pulling up on my pants, which in turn usually pulls them down. Silly, boy! You think I am kidding but all of this happens every stinkin day.
9:00 We head downstairs to play and then eat breakfast. I race to see if I can get a bowl of cereal in before Micah demands his breakfast of apples and cereal. We try to remember in the whirlwind of the day to pray for Daddy and our friends...
9:30 More playing and a little whining. I check my email to start working and Micah destroys another room. My chicken house coupons strewn every where.
10:00 Hallelujah, nap time is here. Micah usually cries to tell me he is sleepy then off to sleep he goes.
10:00 - whenever he wakes up I work work and return phone calls. I check to see if the clothes I put on actually match and then more work for the chicken house follows.
11:30 Micah wakes up and plays and then eats lunch. These days it is still baby food like chicken dinner, squash, and then at least two fruits. The boy loves to eat.
12:00 We are out the door as quick as possible to get things done for work out in the land of the living. CFA and then any errands I have to do for schools, etc.
2:30 We are back at the house playing a bit more and getting ready for another nap.
3:00 Micah nurses and then down for a nap. I usually have my goldfish and finish up things for work that I didn't get done earlier.
4:30 Micah chunks his plug and calls for his Mama. We decide whether we are going to a ball game or staying at home.
5:00 At home there is more playing and then dinner for Micah. Two veggies and fruit and then some yogurt for the bottomless pit.
7:00 If Mick is coming home during waking hours he comes home about this time and we decide what we are doing for dinner. I do not cook in season so right now we decide WHERE we are going for dinner...or if we are having grilled cheese. Micah eats another snack while we eat our dinner and then back home we go.
8:00 Micah gets a bath and we play some more. This is by far Micah's favorite time of the day...well it is equal to when he hears his daddy come in the door. If Mick isn't home then we pray for him to get home safely and that they win the game:)
9:00 We start praying that Micah is getting sleepy but usually at this time he starts really waking up. Playing and being very needy. I tend to get the same way and if I am home alone I pray for strength to make it through the next hour without loosing my patience...sometimes I forget to pray and I just loose my patience instead.
9:30-10:00 Micah nurses again and is finally off to sleep. Thank you Jesus!
11:00 Mick and I say hello and goodnight. We try to talk about the day but sometimes I fall asleep before we finish.
2AM Micah awakens for his nightly party in his crib then goes back to sleep after about an hour of arguing with Mick and I.
Then we start it all over again at 8!
If you are still reading I know you are just so enthralled...who knew the life of a 10 month old and his mom could be so exciting!
There are variations and we get lunchdates, and prayer group and other changes. There are a few days where Micah stays with Nana but this is the general flow of how my life looks now. Boy, is this different than anything I could have asked for or imagined. It sounds pretty mundane and boring when you look over it...and some days it is...but on most days there is something spectacular that happens while Micah plays or laughs and I get to be apart of it all so for that I am eternally greatful!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Stephanie

So I just got your comment you left on our blogspot like 3 months ago! And, I mean I would have to have an extremely bad memory or amnesia to not remember you!! So good to hear from you. You little boy is very cute! You should email me sometime at jenbrooks3@gmail.com and send me your email. I would love to catch up more.

Amy said...

Is this what I have to look forward to in 3 weeks????

Anonymous said...

SDH - HEY!!
i can't believe how big hayden and micah are! hope you are doing well - glad I found your blog