Monday, March 3, 2008

Prayer Group

I had been praying about finding a group of women to spend time with and have a bible study with...then I realized I barely had time to do the things I am doing, there would be no way I could prepare a bible study each week. So I decided what I needed most was some time sharing with other women our needs and prayer requests then spending time with our Heavenly Father lifting each other up. Today was our first meeting and though small it was oh so effective. Each week I hope to give those few of you that read a glimpse of something I have learned from our time together. (Anyone who is interested in making it to Dville for our prayer group I would love to have you...just let me know)
Today there were just three of us, but it was such a sweet time of fellowship. Often on my blog I give you a humorous look into our life. But the truth is being a mom is hard work and I have gotten to a place where I am quite overwhelmed and disheartened with being all God calls me to be. satan has really done a number on my mind and thoughts...causing me to doubt and question every thing I do. And while like so many I put on a happy face and pretend everything is great. I am daily waging a war against my thoughts of negativity and discontentment. It was so good today to be reminded of what is true, and good, and right. We all need people in our lives to bring us back to that place.
Today my friend April shared a story that I wanted to share with you...
She heard a story of a man talking about satan using doubt as his number one way to attack Christians. If you think about it almost all of our struggles stem from when we begin to doubt. If we fight that doubt initially we wouldn't have near the trouble we do. Easier said than done. April also talked about his analogy for satan. He talked about when they used to kill chickens and they would ring there necks and then cut their heads off. The chickens would still run around with no head. satan is the same way...his head is cut off and he has already been defeated. But he is still out there running around with his head cut off veing for our attention. I realized how often I let that be a distraction to me and what God has for me and my family. Sorry for the long winded post but God used those things in my life today and I pray that He teaches you something new today too! I am so thankful for friends and the fact that we can kneel at His throne and leave our burdens there...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to pray WITH you BUT you should know that I pray FOR you often!

Love you.

The Kimmels said...

Great post! I agree that it is so hard to not let satan takeover sometimes but let me just tell you that I think you have NO reason to worry so much and doubt yourself. I think you are an AMAZING mother & wife. You are so loving & selfless! Your boys are very lucky and don't let satan convince you otherwise!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing! The verse I have most recently claimed as my own is this: No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper. Isaiah 54:17-and that weapon could very well be the doubt that the devil puts in your mind! It can come at you and it may trouble you, but IT WILL NOT PROSPER! That chicken will eventually die, right?!

Summer said...

I don't know if we would be on the same level, tennis wise! Especially if you are anything like Amy! I have been praying for a small group too, glad you had some sweet prayer time.

Sarah said...

I'm really going to need you, Suzie and Summer to at least alternate if you aren't going to blog everyday. :) Me and my cup of coffee are ready for a new morning read...

stephanie said...

OK Sarah...now you are cracking ME up!! I will try to do better. I am glad to hear someone is reading!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, It was so fun to find your blog! I love seeing all your pictures of Mick and Micah. Thanks so much for being so honest and vulnerable about your struggles. It makes me so encouraged! I miss you so much! I'd love to get together and meet Micah!