Tuesday, September 2, 2008

weird episodes...


We are back from our trip to the beach. We had a great time and I will write more about that and share pictures later tonite I hope...but as always the bird greeted us with our far share of excitement. While we were on the trip our friend Summer's dog, Maddux had a few seizures that they labeled epileptic. It was really scary for Summer and I caught a glimpse of why people are so attached to their pets, Maddux is an awesome dog so he even won me over... hard to do, if you know me. So anyways, Maddux has been fine but say a prayer for his mama when you think about it. Apparently Micah was jealous and today had the weirdest episode, not seizure related, but it was a problem with his leg. He went to work with me as usual we ran a few errands and he took a catnap in the car while I returned phone calls. We got out at the chicken house and I let him play in the playground for about 20 minutes. Playing for him consists of climbing up one level, clapping yelling and hearing the echo then climbing back down. There was another mom with her two kids in there so he mostly just stared at them and tried to take the babies pacifier. We left, I got lunch and then I stood him beside the car like I do everyday. He kind of just tipped over. I stood him back up and went to open the door and his leg buckled and he fell again. I thought his shoes were hurting him so I took them off and stuck him in the car. He ate nuggets and fries on the way home and then I got him out of the car and he wanted to get down outside. I put him down and he took two steps then collapsed again. I started to freak a little at this point. I brought him inside and made him try to run around. Again his leg started buckling and he would cry when he fell. I got more nervous everytime I watched him fall so I put him in his highchair to eat and he was happy as could be. I called Mick then the doctor and waited for the nurse to call me back. It seemed like forever so I kept making him walk and watching it. It got progressively better but I was still nervous so I called the children's healthcare nurseline and they called back within 5 minutes. She had me check his leg, etc., and by the time we got off the phone he was only rubbing his knee when he walked. And then my doc finally called me back and said he was probably fine but they would take my 20 dollar copay in the morning. So all of this spanned over about 3 hours. Micah is down for his nap and I am regrouping. I know I seem to always sound like a way overprotective high maintenance mom, and well that is because I am. By the time Micah went down there was no limping at all so I think we are fine. I have to go to work in a minute so Nana has to play doctor when he gets up. I just wondered if anyone else has ever had this happen or if you knew if a kid's leg could fall asleep? That is what it seemed like happened. Keep a lookout for more positive posts and pictures! I promise I have good things to say too:)

2 comments:

Summer said...

Oh gosh, that is very scarey. Let us know what you find out at the doctor. I'll say a prayer for him and you! Thanks for being so supportive with Maddux, and for riding with me to find the number. You rock!!

The Kimmels said...

oh no! Im so sorry that happened. I hope he is ok now and it was just a fluke. I really enjoyed hanging out with you & Mick this past weekend. It was sooo much fun! We will have to get together again really soon! Maybe we can all go eat at Longhorns ;)