Monday, September 8, 2008

mama's boy

My letter to give to Micah when he is 15 and doesn't want his mom around...

Dear Bird (I wonder if I'll still call him that then...),
Today was a good day. We had our share of power struggles as usual but you were all about your momma today. I think I held you a good 50% of the day. You were so sweet this morning playing and laughing and coming to kiss me. Then when we went to work you ducked your head onto my shoulder anytime someone tried to talk to you. You held my hand, you loved on me, you kissed me, you smiled at me, you laughed at me(alot), you cried if I left the room. You woke up from your nap scared and crying... I walked in the room and you were sitting up in your crib hands up in the air waiting for me to pick you up. You immediately stopped crying and laid your head back on my shoulder and went straight back to sleep. I rocked you in the rocker and you would wake up every now and then and look at me then doze back off to sleep. You finally woke up and daddy came home. He was a little bit hurt because all you wanted was me. You followed me while I made dinner, you sat by me while we ate, and you watched every move I made. After dinner we played some more and you did a few belly busters from the chair onto my head. Your daddy commented that you were following me everywhere. If I sat on the floor you where in the floor, if I sat on the couch you were climbing up. We said your prayers and off to bed you went. I thanked Jesus for the amazing gift that you are...Thank you Jesus! All days aren't like this one and if they were they wouldn't be so special anymore. You are all boy and are so strongwilled. You are getting so big and strong. You have your own personality and your own way of doing things. You love to talk and show off. I know you wont need your momma like you do now forever, but for now I will just be thankful for the days like today where you can't get enough of me. I love you Micah!
Love in Christ- Momma

As you can tell today was a needy day for Micah. He isn't usually like this and for some reason it just hit me how much I need to be grateful, not irritated or unaware. The sweet thing is God let me enjoy today and reminded me of His love for me through my sweet boy here on earth. All the things I mentioned above aren't usual occurences for Micah. He is getting big and doesn't need me, or think he needs me as much these days. So for whatever the reason he gave me extra love today and for that I am thankful.

2 comments:

Mick said...

That was the sweetest post. It did make me a bit jealous, but I got a chance to see how much our son loves his mom. I think he loves you ALMOST as much as I do. I also got to see how hard it is to keep him occupied when he is all over you like that. You are the best. ILOVEU!!

Amy said...

That was so sweet!! It made me tear up!! Micah is one lucky Bird to have a Momma that thought about writing him a letter for 14 years from now:-)