Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav Can't Keep Us From the Party!

Beach time!

The ladies...
All of us
Hurricane Gustav headed in on Monday morning...

We left Micah for the first time ever and I will have to say that I missed him but I thoroughly enjoyed our time away. Thanks a million times to Nana and Pops who made our getaway possible. We went to Destin and stayed in a house across the street from the beach. Amy was going with some of her friends from college and we got the outsider invite and got to go. I will have to say that they do a great job of being inclusive especially since they have been the same group for so long. It was Aim and Brad, Summer and Josh and Suzie and Brad and us. Mick and I got some good time alone in the car (yes we went over all the lists there and back) We actually never turned the radio on! That was a first. The boys also went deep sea fishing and had a great time. We got to eat the fruits or fish of their labor on Saturday. We walked and talked alot and I am sure I talked all 3 of the girls ears off at one time or another, I was just very thankful to be there and to be around friends. Since the girls are 3 out of my 6 readers here are some things overheard during the weekend that can give us a laugh through the week. For the rest of you readers sorry for the high school inside jokes:)

~ Yeah, Brian, we loved hanging out with you!

~We aren't going fishing?...are you kidding me, its FREE!

~Brad lost his voice and Mick found it.

~Suzie has an excellent cornhole coach...

~ I look great in that picture, wait that's Summer, not me!

~Did ya'll catch red snapper?

~Lucky Charm Leprechaun?

~Amy never got her stinkin omelet.

~I'm really feeling it.

~Josh can't reach what Amy is putting up and Mick is old.

~King and Queen Abs of Steel (I am not referring to Mick and I:))

I could go on...and I might later. I will get back to the day to day soon. As soon as the day to day becomes day to day.

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

Your pictures are definitely "suzie quality" and i LOVE the quotes at the end. Good Times!!

Summer said...

The quotes were classic. Loved that! Maybe we should get t-shirts made...I'm sure there were more quotes :-) So glad yall came!!

Amy said...

so funny!!! I definitely laughed out loud and startled Paxton. I love the pic of the storm coming in.