Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All eyes on bird...


Today has been so much fun because I have devoted almost the whole day to hanging out with Micah. I had to work yesterday but today I am only working a couple of hours and hopefully Micah is asleep for most of those. Micah and I both slept in...hallelujah...til 8. Got up had breakfast and then we went for a run(I was inspired by Summer, Suzie and Amy to get my booty moving). I used the jogging stroller and Micah loved just being outside and watching everything. I love to go anywhere with him because I see the world through his eyes and it makes me recognize God's glory and blessings much easier. I will say that the jogging stroller I have is a handmedown and doesn't work quite like it should. My arms and strangely my neck hurt when we finished. We did a few laps around the neighborhood(not running the whole time, don't get carried away now) then we stopped at the playground and then on to the pool. At the pool Micah loved it! We only have a few more days til the pool closes on Monday so I hope to go everyday...anyone want to join us? Micah was pretty worn out for 11oclock but we made it back to the house for some lunch and a quick trip to cfa. He ate like a pig at breakfast and again at lunch. I don't know if he is hitting a growth spurt or what! Once we got back we played some more and now he is down for a nap. It is amazing the things you notice about your child if you just focus on them. It is so hard working and doing other things, but today was just about Micah and I was blessed by the ways he is growing and changing. I asked him if he was strong willed today and he said "right!". He is talking up a storm and repeated all these names today...mama(my favorite), dada, nana, pop, jenny, budda, hayden, bay, amy, brad, PAX (he yells this one), berra, and then he got distracted. If your name wasn't mentioned don't be offended, it is either too hard to say or I didn't get to you before Micah moved to the next activity. As for our little leg buckler, nothing today. We didn't go to the doctor because I had nothing to show them. Hopefully it was a one day thing and wont come back again. I definitely know more about Micah's walking ability than I ever noticed before. Oh and Nana found a splinter in the other foot last night so we think that might have been related...who knows!

1 comment:

Amy said...

that is fun that he's saying all those things! I would love to hear him say my name!!