Friday, August 29, 2008

Today is the Day...

We are leaving Micah today and I have to admit I woke up with my stomach in knots. Last night Mick had to assure me that it was ok to leave Micah and that we aren't going to scar him by abandoning him for three days. My feelings are very mixed because I also rocked him to sleep for an hour last night, which I wouldn't have done if we weren't leaving him tonight. But after that battle part of me is very excited to go to bed tonight whenever I want, but then I wont get to say Micah's prayers with him. Ah, the joys of motherhood, always a tug in two or three directions. All that being said we are going out of town with 3 other couples and I am so excited to spend some time with other Christian women and be able to communicate without toddler interruptions. The guys are going too and I am excited about spending time with Mick as well, but the girl time is something I rarely get! For your Micah update yesterday was one of the longest days ever...it wasn't a bad day, just exceptionally long. I had Hayden to take him to meet his new teacher for preK and then I took Micah back to the doctor because I thought his ears weren't better and then home to pack and play and dinner with Jenny and Budda. Hayden loved going to school and before we left he played with Micah for a bit. I went upstairs to get something while they played the piano. When I came back down I could hear what sounded like clapping every so often. I started peeking around the corner to see what they were doing. Well, Hayden would play then Micah would start to bang on the piano. Hayden proceded to grab Micah's little hand and then swat it with a stern no no. Micah just looked at him like "who the heck do you think you are?". I watched this happen twice then made my presence known. Guilt was all over Hayden's face and he headed straight to time out with little pressing. He apologized to Micah and we went over who was allowed to spank who. Once he realized I was going to start letting Micah spank him he wised up pretty fast:). Then I took both boys to the doctors office where we waited over an hour to see the doctor. They were going crazy by the time the doctor came in...and so was I. Micah's ear is healing and it turned out to be teething. After we got home I noticed he was not only getting a tooth closer to the front but there was a random one breaking the skin way in the back! I thought they came in side by side but I guess not. Ok, so this is a really long post of randomness but I figured it would tide you over since I wont be writing for a while.

No comments: