Saturday, August 9, 2008

big cuz...

The boys...this is as close as I could get them together but they are all looking which is a miracle in itself. Hayden is standing on a stool he didn't suddenly hit a growth spurt.
No more monkies jumping on the bed...

When I found out I was pregnant with Micah I made a shirt for Hayden that said "Big Cuz". Yesterday I took Micah over to play with Hayden and Harper (my sister's other son that lives with his father). It turns out that Micah is the real big cuz. He looks enormous next to Harper and he can pretty much take Hayden down as well. This isn't something I am proud of in the least, I am just stating the sad truth. We don't get to see Harper often so it was fun for them to get to play together. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by Hayden and Micah's aggressive nature. Harper is much more passive.



As a side note I got the Dare to Discipline book in the mail today and am reading it as fast as I can. I've already messed up a bunch but hopefully God will grant us grace and I can repair the damage and have a manageable child who knows who to respect and eventually comes to know and respect our Heavenly Father. What a daunting task parents have undertaken...without even taking a test to get permission to raise kids!

1 comment:

Amy said...

First of all-I want to read that book when you're done.
Then-we had a great time last night! Paxton slept really well last night (surprisingly). We will definitely do it again! I told Mick that yall just need to remember last night next year when we're having to do the same thing!! We can't say a word, because we'll be in the same boat most likely.
Also, those are cute pics of all 3 cousins yesterday. I don't even recognize Harper!
Love you!
PS Thanks for the party time ice cream! I don't think we thanked for dessert.