Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How could I leave this cute fanny, I mean face at home?

We have had lots of rain and poor Micah has been dying to go play in it. With a runny nose that just isn't possible so we let him have naked time and watch it for a while. Miraculously no tee tee on the sliding door!
We are starting to get packed because Mick and I are leaving Micah for the Labor Day weekend. I am a little anxious, not as to how Micah will do, but how I will do. I am a little but of a control freak and I like to do everything with Micah a certain way. Nana will do a great job with him but I hope to not worry about him the whole time I am gone. Other than that I am so excited about getting away. I am even excited about the 6 hour car ride because it will be uninterupted conversation with Mick.
I am even making a list of things we need to talk about...you can laugh I am crazy I know. We have left Micah overnight but not for more than 24 hours so any advice on this would be great. Also, is it rude to leave a schedule for someone who is graciously keeping your child? I guess Nana could tell me herself:) We have to start packing today so that I make sure I have it all organized and ready...

3 comments:

Summer said...

You will do great! I think a schedule is totally fine, they don't have to tell you if they follow it or not ;-) I'm counting down the hours til I leave!!

beth ewing said...

ok we are leaving miller this weekend too with the grandparents...except it'll be the first time we've left him overnight. see we lived in hawaii and didn't have family close by. so this is really our first opportunity. my opinion...and take it for what it's worth...is to not leave a schedule. let them have fun. part of the fun of grandparents is that they do things different than mommmy and daddy and sometimes they let you do things mommy and daddy won't. he'll be fine and have fun and grow a unique bond with his nana that i'm sure you want him to have.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, it's Anna. I am a control freak too & I always leave a schedule...even if its just for the afternoon I tell them what time he needs to go down for a nap & what time he needs to eat. I don't feel like its rude & I appreciate it when other people give me their kids schedules when they are staying with me.