Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Facts of Life

So lately in my day to day life I keep hearing the theme song to the "Facts of Life" running through my head. Don't ask me why but I find it pretty appropriate. Things have been hectic this last week because nana and pops are out of town and I had to go do adult things at work three days this week. Soooo, Micah had to really go with the flow and I have been exhausted getting him to a sitter each day before 8 oclock. Hats off to all you mom's out there who do it everyday. It is extremely difficult when that isn't part of your routine. Plus he is changing so rapidly that just the nine hours he was away from me in a few days I missed things that I didn't want to miss. (there is the theme song again...) Micah went to the babysitter with Hayden two days this week and did so good. He cried the first day (truth be told, so did I) but after that was fine. Hayden runs to my car with the report each day and today's was "He didn't cry at all, when are you bringing him back?" Which is better than yesterday when Hayden told me he kept cryin and cryin' and that Ms. Rhonda didn't have room for Micah on Thurs. Our house is a disaster because we are like a whirlwind passing through each day but we are managing. Mick has been gone each night so Micah and I have to go to the ballfield to see him through the chainlinks...Hopefully things let up soon. After hearing the "facts of life" first verse for the seventeenth time I decided to look up what the 2nd verse was and I found all of this:
Seasons 1
There's a place you've got to go for learning all you want to know about the facts of life the facts of life. When books are what you're there about and looks are what you care about the time is right, to learn the facts of life. When the world never seems to be living up to your dreams it's time you started finding out what everything is all about When the boys you used to hate you date, I guess you best investigate the facts of life you gotta get'em right the facts of life, the facts of life, the facts of life
Seasons 2-5
You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both
and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
There's a time you got to go and show
You're growin' now you know about
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
When the world never seems to be livin up to your dreams
And suddenly you're finding out the Facts of Life are all about you, you.
It takes a lot to get 'em right
When you're learning the Facts of Life. (learning the Facts of Life) Learning the Facts of Life (learning the Facts of Life) Learning the Facts of Life.
End Credits
You'll avoid a lot of damages an enjoy the fun of managing the facts of life; they shed a lot of light If you hear them from your brother, better clear them with your mother better get them right, call her late at night You got the future in the palm of your hands all you gotta do to get you through is understand you think you rather do without, you will never make without the truth the facts of life is all about you
Who knew there was so much in that theme song. The ending credits part is pretty humorous! I miss the good shows like that, don't you?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I loved some Facts of Life! Tootie! I'm impressed with your ability to manage all that you do with such stride and grace! Take care!